Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a quick appetizer that screams for a glass of wine to accompany them.
- 2 pears (unpeeled)
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package puff pastry sheets (2 sheets per pkg.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease well a mini muffin tin. (or whatever size you like).
- Roll 1 sheet of puff pastry to a 20 x 20 inch square with a rolling pin.
- Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares (depending on the size of your tins).
- Press into tins.
- Chop the pears finely with the skins on (for added color).
- Stir pears, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 tablespoon of goat cheese into the bottom of each tart.
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon of pear mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until edges of pastry are golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes in tins while you pour the wine.
These were very interesting and different! I omitted the sugar, as my pears were very sweet. My husband is not a big fan of cinnamon, but likes nutmeg (? yeah, go figure) so I grated a bit of fresh nutmeg over the top. This is total "Company's Over!" food. I think I enjoyed them more than my DH, though - it was a litle 'out there' for him.