Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed (2 bunches)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces cavatappi pasta or 12 ounces other short pasta
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta. Place asparagus on a large rimmed baking sheet; dot with 1 tablespoon butter, and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, tossing occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes; cut into 2-inch lengths.
- While asparagus is roasting, generously salt boiling water. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Set aside 1 1/2 cups pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, remaining 3 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 cup pasta water. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth. Add goat-cheese mixture and asparagus to pasta; toss to combine, adding more pasta water if necessary for sauce to coat pasta. Serve pasta garnished with chives.
Excellent! Very simple and quick and fresh tasting. Asparagus and goat cheese from the farmers' market, chives from our garden--a lovely combination. Thanks, Cheri!