Recipe by sofie-a-toast
Hahah my friend gave me this recipe and in lack of any other name, she put this as the email subject line. Works for me :) Just a fair warning: make sure you like goat cheese before making this recipe as it is definitely the predominate taste.
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb fusilli
- 1 lb slender asparagus spear (cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 (5 ounce) log soft fresh goat cheese
- lemon pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your pasta in a large pot of until it is almost tender. Add asparagus and cook until firm-tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain both pasta and asparagus together, reserving one cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, lemon peel, tarragon and cheese in a large bowl, breaking up the goat cheese as you put it inches.
- Add hot pasta and asparagus to bowl, along with a couple slashes of the pasta water. Toss until smoothly combined, adding more pasta water if needed. Season genersously with salt, lemon pepper, and parmesan.