Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe is from one of my friends at work who loves anything goat cheese.
- 2 cups loosely packed mint leaves
- 3 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (seasoned and toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces appleton creamery plain goat cheese
- 3⁄4 cup lightly whipped heavy cream
- mint leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- For Mint Pesto:.
- Combine the mint, parmesan and pine nuts in the food processor and process until finely chopped. With motor running, add olive oil, blending until smooth.
- For the goat cheese mousse: Process the goat cheese in the cleaned processor until smooth. Add the whipped cream and blend just until incorporated.
- Spoon the pesto in the center of a platter. Place the mousse directly on top of the pesto so that you just see the green pesto oil around the perimeter of the mousse. Serve with fresh bread slices.