Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From June 2012 Vegetarian Times. Elegant and different hors d'oeuvres. Topping the toasts with thin, petal-like ribbons of cantaloupe makes the hors d'oeuvres easy to eat and prevents them from getting soggy with fruit juice.
- 1⁄2 cup smoked almonds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 lb cantaloupe, peeled and shaved into thin slices (1/8 melon)
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 12 slices crusty bread, such as baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick, toasted
- Pulse almonds and paprika in food processor until almonds are coarsely chopped.
- Shave cantaloupe into thin slices using vegetable peeler.
- Spread goat cheese on toast slices. Top with melon slices, and sprinkle with chopped almond mixture.