Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This goes excellent with lamb dishes such as braised lamb shanks. It makes a great rich texture that will compliment any red meat. You can substitute the goat cheese with blue cheese for roast beef.
- 8 large potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, plain or 1⁄4 cup cream goat cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- steam potatos until very tender.
- drain water from steam and warm milk and melt butter. with rosemary.
- add potatos to the warmed liquid and mash them (correct thickness and texture by adding milk to your liking.).
- add goat chees and mash until fully incorporated. add mint on top.
- salt and pepper to taste.