2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
I haven't tried this appetizer yet but thought it sounded wonderful. Recipe source: Fine Cooking (November 2004). The prep time includes at least 2 hours marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces goat cheese, sliced into 6 rounds
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped (oil packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- toasted baguette, slices or cracker
- 1In a shallow dish arrange the six pieces of cheese in one layer. Sprinkle lemon, tomatoes, capers thyme, and salt over the cheese pieces. Add the rosemary sprigs.
- 2Pour olive oil over the cheese, making sure the oil covers the cheese (use more if necessary).
- 3Place cheese dish in refrigerator and let marinate for 2-6 hours.
- 4Bring dish to room temperature (about 45 minutes) before serving.
- 5Spread cheese with marinade on crostini or crackers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Marinated With Lemon and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.9
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 191.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: