1/1 Photo of Goat Cheese Lasagna
1 hr 5 mins
Necessity is the mother of . . . well, you know. This recipe was born when I went to the grocery store one day and they were out of ricotta. It occurred to me that goat cheese being the same consistency, it might do in a pinch. I find it lends itself beautifully to this dish, and now my family prefers this recipe to the traditional. Use the un-aged soft goat cheese, for example Chavroux. If you are looking for a marinara sauce recipe, I've posted one that goes especially well with this dish ! Preparation time does not include time to prepare the marinara sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles (I use the no pre-cooking type)
- 3 (125 g) containers soft goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 150 g shredded mozzarella cheese (NOT the fresh, but the brick-packaged regular)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (125 g) packages fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1Beat the eggs then add the drained goat cheese, the shredded mozzarella, the basil leaves, salt and pepper, and mix till creamy and everything is incorporated well.
- 2Coat the bottom of a 13X9X2 inch baking dish with a thin layer of the sauce.
- 3Arrange half the lasagna noodles in the pan.
- 4Cover with half the goat cheese mixture.
- 5Cover this with half the mozzarella slices.
- 6Cover this with half the marinara sauce.
- 7Repeat layers: noodles, goat cheese, mozzarella slices and sauce.
- 8Sprinkle parmesan or romano on top.
- 9Bake in pre-heated 375°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or till bubbly and the cheese is nicely melted on top.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.7
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 1124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g