Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Texas Highways. They may be prepared ahead and frozen until needed. Keep in mind that after freezing they will take slightly longer to bake. May seem a little labor intensive but very worth it. A Very pretty hors d'oeuvres.
- Heat olive oil with herbs and garlic till warm (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes or so.
- Strain (not totally necessary) and cool completely.
- Mix cheese and scallion (if using) and set aside.
- Stack 4 phyllo sheets and cut into 12 inch squares.
- (Freeze the remainder for another use).
- Cut square into (9) 4 inch squares.
- For each kiss, place one square (one layer) of phyllo on flat surface.
- (Cover the rest of the phyllo with a damp cloth as you work).
- Brush with the flavored oil, then add three more phyllo layers, brushing each layer with the delicious oil.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the cheese in the center and pull all the corners together, pinching to enclose the cheese.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough.
- Bake on an oiled cookie sheet or in an oiled mini muffin pan at 4oo degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.