This recipe is from Texas Highways. They may be prepared ahead and frozen until needed. Keep in mind that after freezing they will take slightly longer to bake. May seem a little labor intensive but very worth it. A Very pretty hors d'oeuvres.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil with herbs and garlic till warm (do not boil).
- 2Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes or so.
- 3Strain (not totally necessary) and cool completely.
- 4Mix cheese and scallion (if using) and set aside.
- 5Stack 4 phyllo sheets and cut into 12 inch squares.
- 6(Freeze the remainder for another use).
- 7Cut square into (9) 4 inch squares.
- 8For each kiss, place one square (one layer) of phyllo on flat surface.
- 9(Cover the rest of the phyllo with a damp cloth as you work).
- 10Brush with the flavored oil, then add three more phyllo layers, brushing each layer with the delicious oil.
- 11Place about 2 teaspoons of the cheese in the center and pull all the corners together, pinching to enclose the cheese.
- 12Repeat procedure with the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough.
- 13Bake on an oiled cookie sheet or in an oiled mini muffin pan at 4oo degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Kisses
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: