Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from A Taste of Provence by Leslie Forbes.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 small shallots (or onions)
- 12 -16 ounces goat cheese (preferably aged)
- 1 sprig fresh fennel
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 2 red chili peppers, halved and seeded
- 3 -4 bay leaves
- 2 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Place garlic and shallots in bottom of a wide necked glass preserving jar.
- Layer goat cheeses alternating with sprigs of herbs.
- Push juniper berries and bay leaves down sides in decorative pattern and cover completely with olive oil.
- Cover and let marinate 1 week to 1 month in the refrigerator.
- Note: If using soft goat cheese, you may layer in a square or rectangular container with lid, so cheese won't flatten.
This uses simple ingredients and simple preparation and in my book that always equals a winner. This is very aromatic and tastes lovely. I topped on crackers for a wonderful afternoon snack. Thanks for a great recipe Sharon!