Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An appetizing first course from the flavor center of the universe, Louisiana. Courtesy of Chef Andre Poirot of Begue's, featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series. Cooking time approximate.
- 42.52 g goat cheese
- 4.92 ml black peppercorns, cracked
- 14.79 ml herbes de provence (Auberge Blend - Herbes De Provence, your own recipe or store bought)
- 4 sheet phyllo dough
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 5-inch in length)
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 5-inch in length)
- 118.29 ml lettuce, shredded
- Cut the cheese into three slices and sprinkle them with a little pepper and herbes de Provence.
- Brush each sheet of filo dough with olive oil and cut into 3 equal pieces.
- Enclose each cheese slice in a section of the filo.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the vegetable slices on a baking sheet, brush them with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
- Roast for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the filo packets until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes.
- Place the roasted vegetables around the edge of a heated plate.
- Place the shredded lettuce in the center and place the filo packets on the lettuce.