An appetizing first course from the flavor center of the universe, Louisiana. Courtesy of Chef Andre Poirot of Begue's, featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series. Cooking time approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 42.52 g goat cheese
- 4.92 ml black peppercorns, cracked
- 14.79 ml herbes de provence (Auberge Blend - Herbes De Provence, your own recipe or store bought)
- 4 sheet phyllo dough
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 5-inch in length)
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 5-inch in length)
- 118.29 ml lettuce, shredded
- 1Cut the cheese into three slices and sprinkle them with a little pepper and herbes de Provence.
- 2Brush each sheet of filo dough with olive oil and cut into 3 equal pieces.
- 3Enclose each cheese slice in a section of the filo.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5Place the vegetable slices on a baking sheet, brush them with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
- 6Roast for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- 7Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the filo packets until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes.
- 8Place the roasted vegetables around the edge of a heated plate.
- 9Place the shredded lettuce in the center and place the filo packets on the lettuce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese in Filo Provencal
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 931.9
- Calories from Fat 651
- Total Fat 72.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 618.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence