Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you have never made a salad with goat cheese, you are missing a delightful treat! This salad is based on a pre-made salad that I have bought from Trader Joe's. It is fabulous, and so easy to make!
- 1 package mixed greens or 1 package field greens
- 4 ounces goat cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced very finely
- 2 scallions, diced very finely
- 6 whole walnuts
- vinaigrette dressing, of your choice
- Mix salad greens, diced red pepper, diced scallions, sliced goat cheese, and walnuts together in salad bowl.
- Toss well with vinaigrette dressing, and serve.
We love copycat recipes, especially recipes for Trader Joe's pre-made salads. Fortunately we were able to purchase locally produced fresh goat cheese (with infused fresh basil oil and hazelnuts!) at the farmers' market which made this salad extra special. In fact, most of the ingredients were purchased there! My husband even spread the soft cheese onto small pieces of savoy cabbage leaves- you could use endive if you like;- then arranged them in the salad bowl with the other mixed greens for an elegant presentation yet simple meal. Thank you for sharing. CG