Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Onion and Cheese flavored scones originally from Recipe in Bon Appetit December 1993
Make and share this Goat Cheese & Green Onion Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add cheese and green onions and toss with fork.
- Beat half and half and egg to blend in small bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix gently until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, flatten.
- each piece into 3/4-inch thick round.
- Cut each round into 6 wedges.
- Transfer wedges to baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake scones until tops are brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
1Steve, thank you for finding this recipe for me! I substituted mozzarella for goat cheese and added two more teaspooon of salt (mozzarella is less salty than goat cheese). The aroma is wonderful. The crust is crunchy and the inside is still moist. Next time I'd butter the pan (instead of just flouring it) because they are quite sticky. I made about 9 scones. We really enjoyed it, thanx!
Fabulous! as good as I expected, even better! thank you Steve:)
WOW, what a super yummy scones recipe! :) The scones are crunchy on the outside with a great flaky soft centre and such a nice flavour! I luved the combination of green onion and goats cheese. Mmmm! My dough was not crumbly at all. On the contrary it had just the right amount of moisture to it. I free formed my scones rather than cutting wedges, cause I was in a little rush to get these into the oven. I made one change: I reduced the baking powder and soda by half as I dont like the taste to be overly present in my baked goodies. Im sure I will make these again and again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your lovely recipe with us!