Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Created during the '20s at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Green Goddess dressing goes modern here with the addition of goat cheese. Anchovies are traditional in this dressing and even though this recipe omits them, feel free to add if your taste ditates. This creamy, rich dressing is wonderful on Butter lettuce, however feel free to serve on any crisp green along with your favorite salad add-ins. This recipe makes a lot, 16 servings. I have halved it with success. From Bon Appetit 2004
- 1 (5 ounce) package soft fresh goat cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Using rubber spatula, mix goat cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl.
- Puree buttermilk, avocados, tarragon, parsley, and chives in blender until smooth.
- Gradually whisk buttermilk mixture into goat cheese mixture until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 2 days ahead. cover and refrigerate.