Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A delicious, gourmet-style pizza. Quick, easy, and impressive looking and tasting.
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups goat cheese
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out the pizza dough, making a very thin (1/4") crust.
- Place dough on aluminum foil, lightly sprayed with cooking spray, on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle dough with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread a layer of goat cheese (1/8") on top of the dough.
- Sautee Onions, Mushrooms, and Rosemary in olive oil/cooking spray until browned.
- Put the onions, mushrooms, and rosemary on the pizza.
- Bake pizza for 8 minutes, or until crust has achieved desired brownness.
Very tasty. All the flavours go well together. Less is more I found with the goats cheese and rosemary. Instead of a layer of goats cheese, I just crumbled it and dotted the pizza with the bits. I also used a little less rosemary, and make sure to bruise the rosemary a little bit to really bring out the flavour. I also used extra-virgin olive oil instead of regular for the pizza. Maybe the next time I make this I will reduce the balsamic to make it nice and sweet.
This pizza is absolutely amazing. I rectangular thin crust whole wheat dough to go with this and reduced the olive oil to 2.5 tbsp and the balsamic vinegar to .75 tbsp. I also reduced the rosemary by half. I did everything else as instructed. Next time I will use less goat cheese since my only criticism of this dish is that it is way too rich- even with my adaptations. But on the whole, this is a wonderful recipe which I am very happy to have stumbled upon.