Recipe courtesy Roger Verge, from Roger Verge’s Entertaining in the French Style; as seen on Emeril Live. Found on Food Network, posting for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces montrachet cheese
- 3 1/2 lbs gruyere or 3 1/2 lbs swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons strong Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons marc de bourgogne, Grappa or 2 tablespoons cognac
- 6 thick slices country bread
- 6 sprigs fresh savory or 6 sprigs thyme
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1Using a paring knife, trim away any mold from the goat cheese and coarsely chop.
- 2Shred the Gruyere cheese.
- 3Place the wine and garlic in a small, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over low heat and allow to reduce by half
- 4Add the goat cheese and let melt over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove the garlic.
- 5Add the Gruyere and butter and stir over low heat until the cheese are melted and well blended.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and Marc.
- 7Preheat the broiler. A few minutes before serving, place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast.
- 8Remove from the oven and immediately spread each slice with warm fondue.
- 9Garnish with a sprig of fresh savory or thyme and top with a grind of fresh pepper.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Fondue on Country-Style Bread
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1427.8
- Calories from Fat 883
- Total Fat 98.2 g
- Saturated Fat 57.5 g
- Cholesterol 321.3 mg
- Sodium 1556.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 93.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marc de bourgogne