Recipe by Maiya
I came up with this when I was trying to use up some leftover goat cheese. It is very garlicky!
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (110F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 -3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbles
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- thyme (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the yeast, sugar, and water.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Combine yeast mix with 2 Tb olive oil, salt,and flour.
- Knead dough until soft and elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Let rise until double (about 1 and 1/2 hours).
- Divide in half and form each half into a rectangle approx.
- 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine garlic and olive oil.
- Brush over both rectangles.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and thyme over the dough and bake at 450F until golden (about 20 mins.).