Thanksgiving 2008 is around the corner for our Thanksgiving Dinner for about 350 people, give or take a few. Canned chipotles in adobo sauce give this clever, creamy dip an enticing heat and smokiness. The spiced pepitas scattered over the dip are addictive and great as a snack on their own. With Halloween around the corner - we can have pepitas, pepitas, and more pepitas!! This is fast/can be made-ahead/it is a staff favorite/& vegetarian. Cooling time is 1 hour. Recipe by Rachel Soszynski, from: Ultimate Thanksgiving Planner: Time Saving Tips - Food & Wine Magazine, November 2008 edition. Serve with any of my Seasoned Party Pitas, or Parmesan Pita Chips, or Sesame-Herb Pita Crisps - just a slight hint!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs shelled edamame
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped, plus
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, from the can
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1MAKE THE DIP:.
- 2In a medium pot of boiling salted water, simmer the edamame until tender, about 8 minutes.
- 3Drain well and transfer to a food processor.
- 4Add the sour cream, goat cheese, chipotles, adobo sauce, lemon juice, garlic and salt and puree until smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl.
- 5Stir in the oregano and transfer the dip to a serving bowl.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 7MAKE THE PEPITAS:.
- 8Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 9On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the pumpkin seeds with the olive oil, salt, coriander and crushed red pepper.
- 10Bake for 7 minutes, until the seeds begin to brown.
- 11Transfer the pepitas to a bowl and toss with the lemon zest and oregano.
- 12Serve the dip at room temperature, topped with the spiced pepitas.
- 13MAKE AHEAD:.
- 14The goat cheese–edamame dip can be refrigerated overnight; bring to room temperature before serving.
- 15The spiced pepitas can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- 16Serve with Pita Crisps.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese--Edamame Dip With Spiced Pepitas
Serving Size: 1 (1203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.2
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 1404.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo