I made this little appetizer up in a pinch one day (when I was out of eggs and Mean Chef was coming to dinner). Most people do not see dates sliced like this, but they look so artful and the sweetness of the dates matches well with the tart cheese.
- 1 box water crackers
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 20 pitted dates, approximately
- Spread a light to medium coating of goat cheese on the crackers.
- Slice the dates into little 1/4 inch"O"s.
- Place 3 slices of dates on each cracker.
- Be sure to let everything come to room temperature before serving so you get the full flavor of the cheese and the dates.