Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another Kerry Simon recipe, if you like goat cheese you should love this
Make and share this Goat Cheese Crostini With Flash Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- all of the crust on the baguette, slice (length wise), 1/4 inch slices. Approximately 4 slices to the loaf.
- Spread goat cheese along two of the slices, layer with tarragon, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with another slice.
- Prepare egg wash by lightly whisking 2 eggs. Dip each crostini in egg wash then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a pan, wait until hot , them add crostini. Cook until golden, then turn over and cook until golden.
- For sauce, heat pan until seriously hot, then add olive oil, chopped onions and tomatoes. Cook on highest temperature for 2-3 minutes, do not simmer. Finish with garlic & lemon juice.
- In center of plate, arrange sauce in center of plate. Then cut each crostini in 4 pieces and arrange around sauce.
- Wine suggestions: Atlas Peak Sangiovese 1993 or Ravenswood Merlot 1993.
This recipe got my boys to eat goat cheese and love it! I am not sure I prepared it correctly but the end result tasted wonderful. The warm goat cheese mixed nicely with the tarragon and the tomato sauce added the finishing touch.