Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another Kerry Simon recipe, if you like goat cheese you should love this
- 1 French bread or 1 baguette
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 fresh tomatoes (cored & rough chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Spanish onion, rough chop
- all of the crust on the baguette, slice (length wise), 1/4 inch slices. Approximately 4 slices to the loaf.
- Spread goat cheese along two of the slices, layer with tarragon, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with another slice.
- Prepare egg wash by lightly whisking 2 eggs. Dip each crostini in egg wash then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a pan, wait until hot , them add crostini. Cook until golden, then turn over and cook until golden.
- For sauce, heat pan until seriously hot, then add olive oil, chopped onions and tomatoes. Cook on highest temperature for 2-3 minutes, do not simmer. Finish with garlic & lemon juice.
- In center of plate, arrange sauce in center of plate. Then cut each crostini in 4 pieces and arrange around sauce.
- Wine suggestions: Atlas Peak Sangiovese 1993 or Ravenswood Merlot 1993.
This recipe got my boys to eat goat cheese and love it! I am not sure I prepared it correctly but the end result tasted wonderful. The warm goat cheese mixed nicely with the tarragon and the tomato sauce added the finishing touch.