Another Kerry Simon recipe, if you like goat cheese you should love this
Make and share this Goat Cheese Crostini With Flash Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- all of the crust on the baguette, slice (length wise), 1/4 inch slices. Approximately 4 slices to the loaf.
- Spread goat cheese along two of the slices, layer with tarragon, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with another slice.
- Prepare egg wash by lightly whisking 2 eggs. Dip each crostini in egg wash then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a pan, wait until hot , them add crostini. Cook until golden, then turn over and cook until golden.
- For sauce, heat pan until seriously hot, then add olive oil, chopped onions and tomatoes. Cook on highest temperature for 2-3 minutes, do not simmer. Finish with garlic & lemon juice.
- In center of plate, arrange sauce in center of plate. Then cut each crostini in 4 pieces and arrange around sauce.
- Wine suggestions: Atlas Peak Sangiovese 1993 or Ravenswood Merlot 1993.