Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and quick appetizer with lots of taste.
- 8 slice skinny French baguettes, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 14.79 ml butter, cut into 8 slivers
- 8 leaf fresh basil
- 113.39 g goat cheese, soft herbed
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Rub each slice of bread with the garlic and place a sliver of butter on each one.
- Prepare a cookie tray, line it with tin foil and spray it with veggie spray.
- Place the bread slices on the tray and place on middle rack of the oven. Broil for approximately 10 minutes until the bread is golden brown; remove from oven, leaving the broiler on. On each bread slice place a fresh basil leaf, then a slice of the goat cheese; top the goat cheese with half a cherry tomato, cut side up. Place a small piece of goat cheese in the centre of the tomato. Grind sea salt and pepper over all. Place the tray back on the middle rack under the broiler for about 5 minutes, just until the cheese starts to spread and turns a little brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Recipe may easily be doubled.
This was very good, but the next timeI make it think I will spread some pesto onto the bread and forgo the fresh basil....
These are yummy, in my version I like to use sundried tomatoes which gives a deeper, smokier flavor. But, I like the freshness of the tomatoes (I used plum tomatoes) too. Next time I might add some sliced black olives.
Made these for my sister's lunch and they were fabulous. Yum! Yum!