- 8 slices skinny French baguettes, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 8 slivers
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, soft herbed
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Rub each slice of bread with the garlic and place a sliver of butter on each one.
- Prepare a cookie tray, line it with tin foil and spray it with veggie spray.
- Place the bread slices on the tray and place on middle rack of the oven. Broil for approximately 10 minutes until the bread is golden brown; remove from oven, leaving the broiler on. On each bread slice place a fresh basil leaf, then a slice of the goat cheese; top the goat cheese with half a cherry tomato, cut side up. Place a small piece of goat cheese in the centre of the tomato. Grind sea salt and pepper over all. Place the tray back on the middle rack under the broiler for about 5 minutes, just until the cheese starts to spread and turns a little brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Recipe may easily be doubled.