Recipe by sugarpea
These are so good I can't make them unless I've promised most of them to someone else. Otherwise I'd eat the whole batch in an embarrassingly short amount of time. They're easy to make and always appreciated as gifts. From Gourmet magazine a while back. I think.
- 6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces goat cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted,for coating the truffles
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully melt chocolate in microwave, stir until smooth and set aside to cool a bit.
- Mix together goat cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and lemon extract if using.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate, combine well and chill, covered, for 1 hour or until firm.
- Form heaping teaspoons of the mixture into balls and roll the balls in the cocoa powder.
- Chill on wax paper lined baking sheet 30 minutes or until firm.
- Keep the truffles in an airtight container, chilled, for up to 3 days.