Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the 2004 cookbook, Delicious Dips.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, shelled, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 dash ground pepper, to taste
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the garlic & salt until garlic is finely minced, then add the goat cheese & butter & process until combined & smooth.
- Scatter nuts & chives over the top, then add a little ground pepper & pulse 2-3 times until combined.
- Taste & adjust the seasoning, if necessary, then transfer to a serving bowl & ENJOY!
Really Good! I stuffed some mini bell peppers with this, and the combination was just wonderful. The butter adds smoothness to the texture of the goat cheese, and the garlic and chives add a very nice, fresh note. I should have cut back on the salt, since I used salted pistachios, but I'll make a note of that for next time. I'll be enjoying this spread on vegetables for my lunches in the coming week. Thanks so much for posting a wonderful recipe!
This is such a great spread! I couldnt stop eating it as it was so tasty! The strong flavour of the goats cheese was mellowed perfectly by the sweet pistachios and the chives and garlic added a great bite. I used roasted pistachios, so left out the salt, but otherwise stuck to your recipe and LOVED it! Ill certainly make this again and again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, Syd! Made and reviewed for your being VIP in Veggie Swap #23 June 2010.
This is a pretty tasty spread. I love goats cheese and this was brilliant. The only thing was that I thought the garlic was a bit strong, but then I know some people like it that way!