Recipe by Outta Here
These little morsels are stuffed with soft goat cheese and topped with rosemary flavored bread crumbs. Instead of fried rosemary, try fried sage leaves, chopped.
- 24 large cremini mushrooms, stems removed and discarded
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig rosemary, about 3 inches
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 24 pices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a bowl, toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary leaves; season with salt and pepper. Transfer mushrooms to a baking sheet, rounded side up. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and browned around the edges. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the rosemary sprig and fry it until leaves are crisp, about 30 seconds. Remove the sprig to a paper towel to drain, then strip off leaves.
- Pour off all but 1 teaspoon of the rosemary oil (reserve the rest for another use). Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and toast over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in fried rosemary leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently press a piece of goat cheese into the center of each mushroom and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and serve.