Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These little morsels are stuffed with soft goat cheese and topped with rosemary flavored bread crumbs. Instead of fried rosemary, try fried sage leaves, chopped.
- 24 large cremini mushrooms, stems removed and discarded
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig rosemary, about 3 inches
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 24 pices
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a bowl, toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary leaves; season with salt and pepper. Transfer mushrooms to a baking sheet, rounded side up. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and browned around the edges. Let cool about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the rosemary sprig and fry it until leaves are crisp, about 30 seconds. Remove the sprig to a paper towel to drain, then strip off leaves.
- Pour off all but 1 teaspoon of the rosemary oil (reserve the rest for another use). Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and toast over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in fried rosemary leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently press a piece of goat cheese into the center of each mushroom and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and serve.