Recipe by Dwynnie
This is a modified version of a recipe from "Classic Stars Desserts" by Emily Luchetti. The texture is very much like a ricotta cheesecake and is very good! I hope that you enjoy!
- butter (for cake pan)
- granulated sugar (for cake pan)
- 16 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4-1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 large eggs, seperated
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 pint blackberry (for garnish)
- 1 pint raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter (or spray) a 9 inch cake pan and dust with granulated sugar, tapping out the excess.
- Put the goat cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the egg yolks two at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Put the egg whites in another mixer bowl and whip on medium until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool to room temperature, then run a knife around the inside edge of the pan to loosen the cake before inverting a platter on top of the pan and then inverting plate and pan.
- Lift off the pan to serve and top the cake with berries.
- The cake may be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated, with the berries added just before serving.