This is a modified version of a recipe from "Classic Stars Desserts" by Emily Luchetti. The texture is very much like a ricotta cheesecake and is very good! I hope that you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter (for cake pan)
- granulated sugar (for cake pan)
- 16 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4-1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 large eggs, seperated
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pint blackberry (for garnish)
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter (or spray) a 9 inch cake pan and dust with granulated sugar, tapping out the excess.
- 3Put the goat cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- 4Stir in the egg yolks two at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 5Mix in the flour until incorporated.
- 6Put the egg whites in another mixer bowl and whip on medium until soft peaks form.
- 7Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- 8Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 10Let cake cool to room temperature, then run a knife around the inside edge of the pan to loosen the cake before inverting a platter on top of the pan and then inverting plate and pan.
- 11Lift off the pan to serve and top the cake with berries.
- 12The cake may be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated, with the berries added just before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.2
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 306.4 mg
- Sodium 471.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of