Recipe by MommyMakes
We are currently in love with goat cheese, I have lost the recipe numerous times and am writing it down before I lose it again! Nice low-fat appetizer or side dish.
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (thinly shredded)
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree tomatoes, wine and garlic until smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine goat cheese and tomato mixture, fold in basil.
- Form mixture into 12 half-dollar sized cakes.
- Coat cakes in bread crumbs.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Place cakes evenly in pan and cook until brown about 1 minute on each side.