Recipe by gailanng
This is a garnish for a green salad. Adapted from "Goat Cheese," by Maggie Foard.
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh soft fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme and oregano)
- 1⁄4 cup coarse fresh breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (can cook these in a toaster oven). Put garlic and olive oil into a glass measuring cup; microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, making sure the garlic doesn't brown. Let cool until just warm, then strain out the garlic. Discard the garlic.
- Put goat cheese and herbs into a small bowl. Drizzle with warm olive oil, and mix with a fork. Divide into 4 equal portions; form each into a patty. Coat lightly with bread crumbs (be creative, sesame seeds, etc.); place on a small dish. Cover the dish and put it in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm but not frozen.
- Remove from the freezer, transfer to a greased baking dish or tray and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the patties sag slightly and show signs of softening. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve as an edible garnish on your favorite green salad.