Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The restaurant that I work at serves both a very good cheese platter and a scrumptious fudge brownie. This is an idea inspired by a little creativity when I had a bit of cheese left over during dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Grease or line an 8-inch pan with foil, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir butter and cocoa in large bowl until cocoa is completely dissolved.
- Add brown sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add one egg at a time, making sure each egg is fully mixed into the batter.
- Add balsamic vinegar, flour and salt, only stirring until no flour is visible, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour batter into pan and set aside.
- Beat goat cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Dollop on top of brownie batter and carefully swirl with knife, but don't mix in completely.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Try not to over-bake.
- Cool, then cut into squares. Recipe makes 16 brownies.