This is a truly wonderful potato recipe! The combination of the herbs, olives and goat cheese is delicious.
- Boil the potatoes with the thyme for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until potatoes are tender (about 5-10 minutes more).
- Reserve 1/3 cup potato water.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic.
- Mash potatoes and garlic until smooth.
- Stir in cream, goat cheese, olives, olive oil salt and pepper.
- If the texture is too stiff, stir in a little of the reserved potato water to make them fluffy.
I made this today and it was great!! I used skim milk as well .. thanks for a great recipe!!
Absolutely delicious!I did,t have black olives to hand so I sunstituted pimento stuffed green ones.I,ll be making this again.
I made this a few days ago and it turned out terrific. I was sceptical of black olives, but this is a major goat cheese household ;-). Honestly, worked great. Didn't have the cream though, so just used a splash of milk and more potato water -- this was the first time I learned this trick and it works and keeps the fat down in the finished product. Keeper!