- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered (Yukon Gold are good)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (you can substitute with 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes with the thyme for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until potatoes are tender (about 5-10 minutes more).
- Reserve 1/3 cup potato water.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic.
- Mash potatoes and garlic until smooth.
- Stir in cream, goat cheese, olives, olive oil salt and pepper.
- If the texture is too stiff, stir in a little of the reserved potato water to make them fluffy.