If you like biscuits, and you love goat cheese, these fluffy creations are amazing. I saw them featured on Oprah, and after giving them a try, I understand why they're so popular!
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Place one 10-inch cast iron pan into the oven while it is preheating. Put flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a medium-sized bowl. Cut in the butter and goat cheese.
- Make a well in the middle of the ingredients and pour in the milk. Stir until the mix is moistened, adding an extra tablespoon of milk if needed.
- Remove skillet from oven and put in 1 tablespoons of butter. When the butter has melted, drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the pan. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake from 14–16 minutes until browned on the top and bottom. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Enjoy warm!
Mmmmm, this is such a great recipe indeed! I luved the flakyness of the scones and their wonderful goat cheese taste! Very subtle, but very good! I used whole spelt flour in place of the self raising flour, but left the amount of leavening agents the same. That worked out very nicely. I truly cannot understand why no one has ever reviewed these gems. They are absolutely fabulous! Ill surely make them again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Chef!