heather in Ont,'s Note:
A tangy topping of basil and sun-dried tomatoes pairs nicely with the goat cheese. I have made this appetizer several times and it’s always a crowd pleaser. Choose a bowl that's shallow and wide enough so the cheese mixture is about 1 inch thick. I doubled the topping once but it was too much. You could increase the topping by 1/2 for those that love the tangy flavour. This can be made ahead; cover and refrigerate cheese and sun-dried tomato mixture separately for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve this with sliced baguette, water crackers or spear of endive. This recipe was a runner up in a Tabi Classic Recipe Contest submitted by Christine Dewar published by Canadian Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened, half 8 oz pkg
- 5 ounces goat cheese, soft (140 g)
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1In small bowl, stir together sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2In separate bowl, blend cream cheese with goat cheese. Scrape into shallow serving dish, smoothing top.
- 3Stir basil into sun-dried tomato mixture; spread over cheese.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Balsamic Sun Dried Tomato Dip
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1276.9
- Calories from Fat 1024
- Total Fat 113.8 g
- Saturated Fat 59.0 g
- Cholesterol 239.5 mg
- Sodium 1729.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 41.6 g