Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tangy topping of basil and sun-dried tomatoes pairs nicely with the goat cheese. I have made this appetizer several times and it’s always a crowd pleaser. Choose a bowl that's shallow and wide enough so the cheese mixture is about 1 inch thick. I doubled the topping once but it was too much. You could increase the topping by 1/2 for those that love the tangy flavour. This can be made ahead; cover and refrigerate cheese and sun-dried tomato mixture separately for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve this with sliced baguette, water crackers or spear of endive. This recipe was a runner up in a Tabi Classic Recipe Contest submitted by Christine Dewar published by Canadian Living.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened, half 8 oz pkg
- 5 ounces goat cheese, soft (140 g)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- In small bowl, stir together sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, blend cream cheese with goat cheese. Scrape into shallow serving dish, smoothing top.
- Stir basil into sun-dried tomato mixture; spread over cheese.