Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Vegetarian Times. We haven't tried this yet because we're on a diet, but I'm looking forward to trying it. Prep and cooking times are total guesses on my part. If you make this, please let me know how long it took you. Thanks! From the website: "For a pretty presentation, reserve a few asparagus tips to steam and use as a garnish for this quick supper dish. Fresh out of asparagus? Substitute broccoli florets."
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths, tips reserved for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- Coat 4 ramekins or a 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Toss asparagus in oil in bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place ramekins in oven, and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Meanwhile, place shallots and garlic in bowl of food processor, and process until finely minced. Add goat cheese, and process until creamy; then add eggs and egg whites, and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour egg mixture over asparagus in ramekins once oven is preheated, stirring to evenly distribute vegetables.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until tops are light brown and tester inserted in centers comes out clean. Garnish with asparagus tips.