Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Different then the other two recipes with similar names. This one came from a PTA breakfast. I'm not sure where the mom who made it got the recipe, but it was delicious!
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons herbs, de provence (or try oregano and rosemary if you can't get it)
- 12 ounces smoked ham, chopped
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup Fontina cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9 glass baking dish,.
- Whisk milk and oil in a large bowl. Stir in bread. Let stand until liquid is absorbed- about 10 minutes.
- Whisk cream and next four ingredients in another large bowl. Stir in goat cheese.
- In a small bowl combine herbs.
- place half of bread mixture into prepared dish.
- Top with half of the ham, artichoke hearts, herb and cheeses.
- Pour half of cream mixture over.
- Repeat layering with remaining bread, ham, artichoke, herbs, cheeses and cream mixture.
- Bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- note* can be made ahead of time, cover and chill and baked the next day.