Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is lovely strudel recipe. The goat cheese adds a great layer of tang and really goes well with the sweetness of the apples! Great for Sunday Brunch!
- 481.94 g box phyllo dough
- 226.79 g butter (melted)
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled, cored, halved, and thinly sliced)
- 226.79 g jar fig jam
- 151.10 g packagechavrie fresh goat cheese (the pyramid shaped)
- Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove the phyllo dough from the box, unfold, and cover with a damp towel.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on the work surface and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Repeat 2 more times to create 3 layers, being sure to keep the unbuttered phyllo covered.
- Spread Fig jam in a 1 ½ inch wide row ½ inch from the edge of the layered phyllo, leaving about 1/2 inch space on each end.
- Place the apple slices on the jam in a uniform layer.
- Split the Chavrie® log in half and top the apples with the rounded side facing up.
- Fold the ends over the apples and cheese. Roll the phyllo and filling over onto itself to form a strudel roll.
- Place the roll seam side on the baking sheet. Brush the top of the strudel with the butter.
- Bake to a golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then cut into portions.