1/1 Photo of Goat Cheese Apple Strudel
Corrinne J's Note:
This is lovely strudel recipe. The goat cheese adds a great layer of tang and really goes well with the sweetness of the apples! Great for Sunday Brunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Remove the phyllo dough from the box, unfold, and cover with a damp towel.
- 3Place 1 sheet of phyllo on the work surface and brush lightly with melted butter.
- 4Repeat 2 more times to create 3 layers, being sure to keep the unbuttered phyllo covered.
- 5Spread Fig jam in a 1 ½ inch wide row ½ inch from the edge of the layered phyllo, leaving about 1/2 inch space on each end.
- 6Place the apple slices on the jam in a uniform layer.
- 7Split the Chavrie® log in half and top the apples with the rounded side facing up.
- 8Fold the ends over the apples and cheese. Roll the phyllo and filling over onto itself to form a strudel roll.
- 9Place the roll seam side on the baking sheet. Brush the top of the strudel with the butter.
- 10Bake to a golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then cut into portions.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese Apple Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1080.3
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.6 g
- Saturated Fat 38.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 1121.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 17.4 g