Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So simple and so delicious! I had the ingredients at home, and thought why not? I was so right; this is a tangy comforting morsel! The honey really brings this all together!
- 1 French bread, sliced (approximately 12 thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (for spreading on bread)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbles
- 4 ounces walnuts, roughly chopped (not too small)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spread butter over bread and toast in oven; bread should have color, but still be soft. (Less than 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle slices with goat cheese crumbles; return to oven for about 3 minutes, until goat cheese is softened enough to spread.
- Remove from oven and spread out crumbles over toast; sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with honey and a grind of black pepper over toasts!
In my dreams there were goat cheese nibblers, wine, music and more wine. I'm a paragon of restrain, aren't I? Made for ZWT#8~France.
Picture says it all, yum! I used round slices of goat cheese.
Loved these nibblers and so easy to make. They were gone real fast. Did use soft spreadable goat cheese, and used Recipe #483679 #483679 by chef # 520644 for the bread. Thank You. Made for ZWT8.