Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So simple and so delicious! I had the ingredients at home, and thought why not? I was so right; this is a tangy comforting morsel! The honey really brings this all together!
- 1 French bread, sliced (approximately 12 thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (for spreading on bread)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbles
- 4 ounces walnuts, roughly chopped (not too small)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spread butter over bread and toast in oven; bread should have color, but still be soft. (Less than 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle slices with goat cheese crumbles; return to oven for about 3 minutes, until goat cheese is softened enough to spread.
- Remove from oven and spread out crumbles over toast; sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with honey and a grind of black pepper over toasts!
In my dreams there were goat cheese nibblers, wine, music and more wine. I'm a paragon of restrain, aren't I? Made for ZWT#8~France.
Loved these nibblers and so easy to make. They were gone real fast. Did use soft spreadable goat cheese, and used French Bread Baguette #483679 by chef # 520644 for the bread. Thank You. Made for ZWT8.
My husband and I not only raved how good these were but fought over the last slice. (And we licked the plate clean, too!) After arranging the bread slices on a serving platter, I felt the dish needed that extra special something to bring it all together but more so for color. Answer: fresh lavender blooms from our garden! I used a locally made goat cheese, homemade bread and local clover honey. Easy and delicious! Will make again soon-guaranteed! Reviewed for ZWT 8/France.