Recipe by alligirl
So simple and so delicious! I had the ingredients at home, and thought why not? I was so right; this is a tangy comforting morsel! The honey really brings this all together!
- 1 French bread, sliced (approximately 12 thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (for spreading on bread)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbles
- 4 ounces walnuts, roughly chopped (not too small)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spread butter over bread and toast in oven; bread should have color, but still be soft. (Less than 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle slices with goat cheese crumbles; return to oven for about 3 minutes, until goat cheese is softened enough to spread.
- Remove from oven and spread out crumbles over toast; sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with honey and a grind of black pepper over toasts!