1/2 Photos of Goat Cheese and Tart Apple on French Bread Appetizer
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
Very simple appetizer with a gormet feel. The tart apples and the goat cheese go together very well. Your guests will come back for seconds! I got this recipe from my "France Monthly" newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the baguette in half lengthwise.
- 2Drizzle the cream onto both halves of the bread.
- 3Peel, core and thinly slice the apple.
- 4Spread the apple slices on the bread.
- 5Spread the goat cheese over the apple slices. (Depending on the age of the goat cheese, you may have better luck putting the cheese on in slices.).
- 6Sprinkle with pepper and Herbes de Provence.
- 7Bake in 350 oven for about 10 minutes, then broil until cheese browns slightly.
- 8Cut each half into about 12 pieces. (These can be assembled individually on precut bread slices if you prefer.).
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese and Tart Apple on French Bread Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 11.2 g