Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple appetizer with a gormet feel. The tart apples and the goat cheese go together very well. Your guests will come back for seconds! I got this recipe from my "France Monthly" newsletter.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle the cream onto both halves of the bread.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apple.
- Spread the apple slices on the bread.
- Spread the goat cheese over the apple slices. (Depending on the age of the goat cheese, you may have better luck putting the cheese on in slices.).
- Sprinkle with pepper and Herbes de Provence.
- Bake in 350 oven for about 10 minutes, then broil until cheese browns slightly.
- Cut each half into about 12 pieces. (These can be assembled individually on precut bread slices if you prefer.).
This is a great appetizer. All of the flavors really come together well, and this is pretty quick to put together. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 52
this was awesome! very easy yet very tasty! mine didn't brown like in the picture, but still tasted great!
This made a nice treat! I had this for lunch and loved the goat cheese with the apples and herbs! Thanks! Made for the vegetarian swap-Nov. 2009