Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very tasty appetizer to serve before an Italian meal. The spread can be made several days in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to use.
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, from the tomatoes (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the baguette into 1/4 thick slices.
- Brush the slices lightly with the olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and toast in a 425 oven until browned.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the sundried tomatoes, oil and goat cheese in a food processor and puree until very smooth. There should not be any lumps.
- On each crostini place a small basil leaf, or half a larger leaf.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture on the crostini, covering half way up the basil leaf.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish platter with additional basil.
Excellent! I used my Oven-Dried Herbed Tomatoes #57884 & added 1 tablespoon of my Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs #54099. I used 4 ounces of feta and 4 ounces of ricotta. I grilled my bread.Thanks for a great recipe!