Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Like Poptarts, fancied up for adults or sophisticated kids. From Saveur.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. With the motor running, add 6 tablespoons of cold water and process until dough comes together, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Divide dough in half and form into disks; wrap disks separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 disk of dough into a 9" square. Cut into six 3" x 4.5" rectangles; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread each rectangle with about 1 tablespoon goat cheese and top with 1 tablespoon jam, leaving a 1/2" border; set aside. Repeat rolling and cutting with remaining disk of dough and lightly prick dough with a fork.
- Brush edges of dough around cheese and jam with beaten egg and top with pricked dough rectangles. Using the tines of a fork, press edges to seal. Bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer tarts to a baking sheet with a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, strawberries and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over tops of tarts and let sit until glaze is completely set.