Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
Like Poptarts, fancied up for adults or sophisticated kids. From Saveur.
Make and share this Goat Cheese and Strawberry Breakfast Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and continue to pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. With the motor running, add 6 tablespoons of cold water and process until dough comes together, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Divide dough in half and form into disks; wrap disks separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 disk of dough into a 9" square. Cut into six 3" x 4.5" rectangles; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread each rectangle with about 1 tablespoon goat cheese and top with 1 tablespoon jam, leaving a 1/2" border; set aside. Repeat rolling and cutting with remaining disk of dough and lightly prick dough with a fork.
- Brush edges of dough around cheese and jam with beaten egg and top with pricked dough rectangles. Using the tines of a fork, press edges to seal. Bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer tarts to a baking sheet with a wire rack; let cool completely.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, strawberries and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over tops of tarts and let sit until glaze is completely set.