1/2 Photos of Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Savory Bread Pudding
Raquel Grinnell's Note:
A wonderful, savory bread pudding. I have subbed the mushrooms for roasted butternut squash and the chevre with whole milk ricotta with tasty results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups bread, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 ounces chevre cheese, finely crumbled
- 3 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (or gruyere)
- 1Toast bread cubes in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or so, stirring halfway through. Leave oven on at 350.
- 2In a bowl, mix together eggs, yolk, milk, and cream until thoroughly blended.
- 3In another bowl, toss together bread cubes, prosciutto, shallot, mushrooms, pine nuts, thyme, and pepper.
- 4Spray or lightly butter a 9x9 square baking pan and pour in the bread mixture, pat to distribute evenly. Crumble the chevre over all and mix in slightly with hands.
- 5Pour egg mixture over bread cubes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese such as parmesan or gruyere, for a golden crust.
- 6Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or it springs back when you poke it in the middle. Alternately, when a thermometer inserted into center reads above 145 degrees it is done.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Savory Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.0
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 351.2 mg
- Sodium 598.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: