30 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe on Vegetarian Times. I haven't made it yet but it looked so good and I didn't have a printer so I posted it here for safe keeping ;) I just LOVE the idea of using wonton wrappers - what a smart, easy and cross-cutural way to save time! Let me know if you find a great sauce to go with it! I can't decide what would best compliment the already strong and distinct flavors in the ravioli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For filling, heat skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook porcini slowly, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until 1/3 cup very soft mushrooms remain. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place in bowl.
- 2Working over mushroom bowl, crumble goat cheese onto mushrooms and mix to form paste.
- 3Spread clean towel on flat work surface to create shaped ravioli. Have a damp cloth nearby to cover unused wonton wrappers, to keep them damp and pliable.
- 4Place 2 wonton wrappers on flat surface. Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of 1 skin. Brush edges with water, making a wide border, and place another skin on top, matching edge to edge. To press out air, press fingertips on top wrapper, shaping around filling and moving toward edges, tamping out any air pockets. Press edges to seal. Place finished ravioli on cloth and prevent them from touching. Continue with all filling and skins.
- 5To cook, heat 8 quarts water over high heat, adding pinch salt when boiling. Add ravioli a few at a time. When ravioli float to surface and are translucent, scoop out onto serving plate. Continue until all are cooked. Drizzle drained ravioli with olive oil or melted herb butter or another favorite sauce and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese and Porcini Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 921.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g