Recipe by Normaone
This is a recipe from Epicurious Magazine. It was distributed by Scheid Vineyard. Scheid Vineyard recommends serving this recipe with Scheid Vineyards 2008 MVR
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 ounce soft mild goat cheese, about 2 tablespoons
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Pit and thinly slice olives. In a small bowl stir together olives, goat cheese, thyme and salt and pepper to taste until combined well. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- To form a pocket in chicken for filling: Put a chicken breast half on a cutting board and beginning in middle of 1 side of breast half, horizontally insert a sharp thin knife 3/4 of the way through the center. moving knife in a fanning motion to create a picket. Form pocket in remaining breast half in the same manner. Divide filling between pockets and spread evenly with a finger. It might be helpful to close the opening with a toothpick or two. Just remember to remove them when the chicken breasts are served.
- In a small heavy ovenproof skillet, heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown chicken, skin side down about 2 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and brown other side about 2 minutes more. Transfer skillet to middle of oven and bake chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve.