Recipe by JackieOhNo!
First, let me say that I am NOT a goat cheese fan. So I have not tasted these (which is a cardinal sin for a cook). However, I overlook my own distastes in the interest of others sometimes (in this case, my boyfriend). We will have to take his word that these make a tasty and impressive appetizer. Served on a bed of mixed greens or fresh basil, they make an attractive presentation.
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, preferably Kalamata
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (8 3/4 inch) spinach tortillas
- 2 (8 3/4 inch) tomato tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, drained, halved lengthwise, and patted dry
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, puree olives and oil. Spread each wrap with about 1 T. olive mixture, leaving 1/2-inch border around edge.
- Top with single layer of basil, then peppers and cheese. Roll up jellyroll style. Place wraps seam-side down on surface; cut into 1-inch wide pieces on the diagonal.