Recipe by English_Rose
Cranberry sauce is not just for winter / Christmas / Thanksgiving! I think an endive and watercress salad goes well as the bitterness contrasts with the sweet cranberry sauce. Alternatively, if you have the time to prepare them, some creamy mashed potatoes and fine green beans go well with the parcels.
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 (100 g) packages goat cheese, log 100g each
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cranberry sauce, heaped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each piece of phyllo into 4 quarters. Cut the cheeses in half width ways.
- To make a parcel, put one of the pieces of phyllo on a work surface and brush with olive oil.
- Put another piece over it at right angles to make a cross and brush with olive oil again. Lay a third piece diagonally, as if you were making a star shape, brush with oil, then top with the final piece, diagonally, to complete the 'star', and brush with oil.
- Place one of the pieces of cheese, cut-side up, in the centre of the pastry and put a heaped teaspoon of cranberry sauce on top of it.
- Fold up the sides of the phyllo and scrunch them at the top so they hold together. Brush all over with olive oil. Make three more parcels in the same way.
- Place all the parcels on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven, 400F, for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Serve at once with a leafy salad dressed with vinaigrette.