1/1 Photo of Goat Caldereta
2 hrs 30 mins
Chef #261327's Note:
Goat stew, very delicious and healthy alternative to beef and pork dishes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs goat meat, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and minced
- 1 (2 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put the cubed meat into a bowl and add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside for 30-40 minutes.
- 2Drain the meat, saving the liquid, and pat it dry.
- 3In a large heavy sauce pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Put as many cubes o meat into the pan as it will fit without crowding.
- 4Brown the meat on all sides and repeat until all of the meat is browned. Remove meat from pan.
- 5Put the onion and garlic into the pan and cook for 2 minutes., scraping up any pan juices.
- 6Put in black peppercorns, cinnamon stick and bay leaves.
- 7Stir and cook for another minute.
- 8Return the meat into the pan with its accumulated juices, reserved marinade and the tomato paste.
- 9Stir and cook for another minute.
- 10Add 2 cups of waters and bring to boil.
- 11Cover, bring the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- 13When the meat has cooked for 15 minutes, add the potatoes.
- 14Cover, and continue to cook for 45-60 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- 15Seed the bell pepper and cut it into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- 16When the meat is tender add the pepper into the stew.
- 17Stir and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Nutritional Facts for Goat Caldereta
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 965.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 49.9 g