Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is made with whitefish and shrimp. From "Indian, 100 Everyday Recipes" by Love Food.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 12 fresh curry leaves or 1 tablespoon dried curry leaves
- 6 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 1 lb white fish fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime
- kosher salt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, over high heat, and cook the mustard seeds, while stirring, until they pop, about a minute; stir in curry leaves.
- Add shallots and garlic, stir occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in turmeric, coriander, chili powder, and stir 30 seconds.
- Stir in the coconut cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add fish, and simmer, spooning the sauce over the fish to cook, about a minute; add shrimp and cook until fish flakes easily and shrimp turns pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Grate the peel from the lime and juice; add half the juice to the skillet, taste, and add more as needed.
- Sprinkle with the lime peel and serve.
This was super-delicious! Even DH who is not a huge fan of anything fish said he'd rate this with 4 1/2 stars - that's a lot LOL. He even requested that I make this again, so - another keeper here. Thanks for posting!
Made for New Kids On The Block.