This is made with whitefish and shrimp. From "Indian, 100 Everyday Recipes" by Love Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 12 fresh curry leaves or 1 tablespoon dried curry leaves
- 6 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 1 lb white fish fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime
- kosher salt
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet, over high heat, and cook the mustard seeds, while stirring, until they pop, about a minute; stir in curry leaves.
- 2Add shallots and garlic, stir occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in turmeric, coriander, chili powder, and stir 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in the coconut cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- 5Reduce the heat to low, add fish, and simmer, spooning the sauce over the fish to cook, about a minute; add shrimp and cook until fish flakes easily and shrimp turns pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6Grate the peel from the lime and juice; add half the juice to the skillet, taste, and add more as needed.
- 7Sprinkle with the lime peel and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goan Style Seafood Curry
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1104.5
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 219.4 mg
- Sodium 812.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 114.7 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: