4 hrs 15 mins
I am in love with So It's Bekah's Pulled Pork Now (So It's Bekah's Pulled Pork Now) and was eager to try it using some Goan spices. The results were delicious. The family loves it with a fried egg and crusty bread. It is also really good to shred the pork and place it in a bun. Pulled pork is not typical of Goa, India - so this can be considered fusion cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs pork butt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup thick smokey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Marinate the pork butt in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours before placing in preheated oven.
- 3Roast on rack uncovered in oven at 250-275 degrees until falling apart tender.
- 4It will take 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- 5Internal temperature of the pork when done should be between 195 and 200 degrees.
- 6This can also be made in the pressure cooker for about 30 mins or till easy to shred with a fork.
- 7Ensure there is at least 2 inches of liquid (i.e., sauce plus water) in pressure cooker to cook the pork.
- 8Pull and shred the pork.
- 9Then toss with the tangy Pig Pickin Sauce (#31020)).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goan Style Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 950.9
- Calories from Fat 564
- Total Fat 62.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 261.9 mg
- Sodium 679.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 75.0 g