Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I am in love with So It's Bekah's Pulled Pork Now (So It's Bekah's Pulled Pork Now) and was eager to try it using some Goan spices. The results were delicious. The family loves it with a fried egg and crusty bread. It is also really good to shred the pork and place it in a bun. Pulled pork is not typical of Goa, India - so this can be considered fusion cooking.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork butt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄3 cup thick smokey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Marinate the pork butt in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours before placing in preheated oven.
- Roast on rack uncovered in oven at 250-275 degrees until falling apart tender.
- It will take 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Internal temperature of the pork when done should be between 195 and 200 degrees.
- This can also be made in the pressure cooker for about 30 mins or till easy to shred with a fork.
- Ensure there is at least 2 inches of liquid (i.e., sauce plus water) in pressure cooker to cook the pork.
- Pull and shred the pork.
- Then toss with the tangy Pig Pickin Sauce (#31020)).